Friday, July 12, 2013

So it begins...

Hi Everyone!

       Welcome to my blog!  I can't believe this is my blog..wow!  I've been a "blog-stalker" for many years now, and have decided that it is now or never to start my own.  I would never have taken this step, if it wasn't for some gentle pushing from friends and colleagues.
                                                             
                                                                              So....  


        Currently, I am a fourth grade teacher in a town outside of Boston, Massachusetts.  This will be my 9th year in the classroom (10th overall - 1 as a Title One).  I've taught 1st-4th, but have taught 4th for the last 2 years.  I truly feel that 4th grade is where I belong, as it feels like home.

           I love creating materials and organization strategies on the computer to use in my classroom.  I'm also very inspired by Pinterest, which you will be able to see in my classroom pictures (coming soon!).  I'm kind of a "Pinterest-stalker"... sensing a theme here?  ;)  

           I'm hoping this blog will be a way for me to connect with teachers across the country.  The Common Core gives us the opportunity for sharing on a new level.  I know that I will learn a lot through this process.  I realized from stalking all those wonderful blogs, that I need to work on taking more photos of my school stuff.  I'll be adding that to my to-do list!   So bear with me, and I hope you come back to check in soon.

Here's a shameless plug...  I am in the process of setting up a Teachers Pay Teachers store, so stay tuned! For now, make sure to follow me on Twitter (@4thGrRockStars) as well as on Instagram (4thgraderockstars), Pinterest (4thgrrockstars) and like my page on Facebook (4thGradeRockStars)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily, I like your blog. I'm a 4th grade teacher in Chicago and trying to plan reading for the year. Have you aligned your units to common core yet?

    ReplyDelete