Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Reading: What books are you reading this summer?


One of the things that I love about summer... and there certainly are many... is that I get to read!  I don't know about you, but during the school year, I never seem to have time to read for fun.  The summer becomes this magical time full of hours with my toes in the sand a good book in my hands.
Sadly, this summer, there hasn't been too much time with my toes in the sand because of the weather, but I've definitely still had a good book in my hands.  I've probably finished about 10 books already since the end of the school year.  I enjoy light reading...my brain needs a break and I just want to be entertained.  I spend time in the summer catching up on all of the James Patterson books that I miss throughout the school year... Man, are there a lot!  I'm waiting for a few more to come into the library.  So, now I'm starting a new series.    

                                                               

Today, I just finished Divergent by Veronica Roth.  I really enjoyed it.  I  originally ordered it through my Scholastic Book Club to see what all the fuss was about.  Which is what I tend to do... Hunger Games, Twilight, Harry Potter... I find these series to be easy, fun and entertaining reads.  I was not disappointed by this book!  I can't wait to read the next one in the series, Insurgent.  

                                                                 

But... I'm on a self-imposed hiatus to get some work done.  I have 3 classes that I am taking through a long distance course, and I've completed one of the courses.  I have two more to do and ZERO motivation.  My plan is to hopefully buckle down and finish a course this week.  I am working on my class on Inclusion. 

 I'm off to find my motivation!  Before I go, I have to ask, what are you reading??  For fun? For school?  Leave a comment below!  



No comments:

Post a Comment